Monday, May 30, 2011

Hip Hip Hooray...

...it is my mummy's birthday today!!! We had my mum, great aunty, my sister and her family over on Saturday night for a delicious meal of Thai and then yummy birthday cake. Each year my sister and I take it in turns to make her cake and there is a bit of an underlying competition between us. For mum's 60th my sister made this...


she bought the flowers but did the rest...pretty good, huh?

So this year I did this...
(photo source)

oh yeah!!! It took me all day Saturday and the kids didn't get the help much...I was in Control Freak mode about this cake...hahaha. Plus they had more fun helping Daddy wash the cars :).

It was so good...none left now!!! I made a fluffy meringue frosting and in between each layer I spread a thin layer of raspberry jam....delicious, I tell ya.

So lets see what my sister comes up with next year...hehehe.

Moving onto crafty news...

Still card making like crazy...I really want to scrap because I am getting so far behind ( I was up to date) but I just have no mojo in that area.

Yesterday marked my last day as a Twisted Sister over a Twisted sketches...had a great time on this team. Anam makes the most wonderful sketches...make sure you pop over to have a look.

Here is the last sketch we worked with...

the twist this week is Summer and here is my take on it...


Thanks again Anam...I had a wonderful time on the team.

Thanks for stopping by....hope it is nice and dry where you are because I swear if we have anymore rain our house will start to sink...it is insane here atm.

5 comments:

Rachael Funnell said...

S.T.U.N.N.I.N.G!!! Is the only word that comes to mind with the cake you have made for your mothers 60th (Happy Birthday to your mother).....
A Super Cute card Nataile!!
Hope you enjoy your Week...
XXX

Irini said...

Natalie!!!!!!!
Absolutely stunning cake! wow wow wow
You card is super cute......

Kerrie said...

Yummie...... wow what a fabulous cake... and such a super cute card...

Belinda said...

OH YUMMOOOO!!! That cake is amazing!! And your card is fabulous too!!

Alicia said...

Yum, yum, yum!!!!!!!!!! Delicious cakes! Your lucky Mum!
Alicia xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails