Sunday, January 23, 2011

A True Hybrid...

Twisted sketches time

Here is this weeks sketch...
My starting point for this card was the A2Z Scraplets chipboard piece. I knew I wanted vintage style butterflies sitting on the swirls and off I went to look for some.

I found these here....just what I was looking for!


I printed them out, covered the wings in glue and sprinkled glitter over them. Then came my total blonde moment...and I'm not blonde...lol. I was shaking the glitter off and was in kind of a hurry so I blew it. There was already a pile of glitter on the piece of paper I was working on...so put two and two together and work out what happened. Let's just say I was very sparkly for the rest of the day...lol.

Then I went searching through my small selection of digital scrapping kits to try and find a suitable paper. Love the kits from Shabby Miss Jenn Designs. The background paper is from this kit.

The postcard is also digital...just google vintage postcards and you will be amazed at what you find.

Tie it all together with a bit of crushed seam binding, print out your sentiment and you have a very hybrid card.

Thank you for all the great comments on my last post. Glad to know I am not the only one who feels that way...lol. It took me quite some time to calm down about it yesterday...which seems ridiculous but that's just me.

Thanks for stopping by.

3 comments:

Muckyfingers said...

Absolutely beautiful :)

Kim said...

so different from your usual card but this is just STUNNING Nat, so sophisticated!

Valerie said...

Love your card for this challenge - what a gorgeous color combo and those glittered butterflies are so pretty!

Related Posts with Thumbnails