Sunday, December 12, 2010

Christmas Cheer...

Getting into the swing of it around here.

Yesterday my little man turned 5.....gasp...where oh where has that time gone!!! So that means we now kick the whole Christmas thing up a notch or two. I am still trying to finish decorating the house but since we are leaving on Christmas Eve to celebrate Christmas in Newcastle, I am really not in the mood to pull out all of the bits and pieces that turns my house into a Christmas wonderland. I am in the minimal mood this year.

Today is Twisted Sketches (for team A :)) day...

here is the sketch...and here is my take on it...


the twist this week is SHINE...so I added glossy accents to various parts of the engine and dug through my buttons to find some shiny ones.



Thanks for stopping by

5 comments:

Belinda said...

I LOVE that card!!!the spotty border, the text paper, the santa train..all of it!!! And I'm with you re xmas decorations...I am the queen of minimal!! This year the kids (and they are 4 and 5) decorated the tree on their own...it's very bottom heavy!! LOL

Muckyfingers said...

This is lovely. I love text paper on cards. I think I need to go to a second-hand book shop :) xXx

aussiescrapper said...

Natalie, this is a stunning card and super happy birthday to your little man, ahhhhh 5 already, just really scares me how time is flying....I bet he really loved this card and bet he got super spoiled too, Nate's b'day is in January and it is like a continued Christmas really whereas yours is like an extra long christmas celebration. Enjoy dear friend. Melxx

Cathy said...

WOW love your card Natalie... really gorgeous!!

Nancy said...

I absolutely LOVE this card! you did such an amazing job on this Twisted Card sketch! really outstanding work!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails