Sunday, November 14, 2010

Lets twist again...

That time of the week again...

I am in such a card mood atm...haven't done a LO for sometime now as I just can't stop making cards. Plus I found a new love...digi stamps!! Oh my, I am having so much fun with images mostly from here...they are just too cute and perfect for paper piecing!!

So this weeks sketch at Twisted Sketches was right up my alley...you could take it in so many different directions...but don't forget to use the twist...which is 'brad' this week.

Here is the sketch...
and here is my take on it...



Did you ever read this story as a child? Little Ballerina by Dorothy Grider. It was published in 1958 and my sister had a later release of the book when we were kids. If I took the time to hunt around at mum's I could probably find it and I really want to read it to Abi. I had no desire to be a ballerina as a kid...I am not a dancer at all...lol...but I loved this story and the illustrations were just stunning. So when I found this image you could imagine my excitement!! I knew it would be perfect for this sketch.

Well, I have bathrooms to clean and a quiche to make as the in laws are coming down for lunch...oh yay...note the sarcasm...hehehe.

Hope you are all having a lovely weekend...we are in the low 30's and I am loving it!!!

7 comments:

Nancy said...

I really, really, really LOVE this! so sweet and perfect!! awesome take on this Twisted Card sketch!

Muckyfingers said...

It's beautiful and the ticket is my favourite part :) xXx

Samantha Hauzer said...

Oh wow, your card is STUNNING!!

Belinda said...

Far out Nat!!!! I can't tell you how much I love this card. Stunning!! Yours is by far the best one on the blog. B-)

sophie said...

Hi Natalie!! thank you for your visit on my blog and your french is great!!! i don't know how you found me but i am so glad you wrote! your work is really beautiful! love your style! and this card is sooo cute! have a great day!

Cathy said...

WOW Natalie your card is so gorgeous!!! Love the softness, so pretty and feminine!! Thanks so much for always leaving such beautiful comments on my blog... they make my day :) hugs

Lea L. said...

This is so soft and pretty! It is beautifully embellished...I just love that vintage image and tag accent! Great use of the sketch! ♥♥♥

Related Posts with Thumbnails