Friday, November 5, 2010

Dear Summer...

I am writing to you today in hopes that it may drag you from your slumber. As much as I can appreciate a good sleep in, I feel that you have gone to far. It is now the beginning of November and I can count on one hand the number of warm days we have had!

To be perfectly honest, I have had ENOUGH.

I am not a Winter girl...I want to spend my days in shorts and thongs (or flip flops if you must ;). I want to actually go to the beach with my kids...I know, I know...shock, gasp and the rest of it...but it is true. This pattern of warmish day resulting in a thunder storm that brings with it a southerly change followed by two wet and miserably cold days has got to stop. I can't take it anymore.

I have completed the first White with 1 challenge thinking that it will appeal to your 'sunnier' side!!


Doesn't that make you want to get out of bed and get cracking?!?!

What if I add a little close up of a very sunny flower... it's handmade, mind you :).

No...well that's OK. I have something else to sweeten the deal...

How about this weeks Colour Challenge at Embellish.

Now doesn't that make you feel happier and SUNNIER?!?!


I really don't want admit that begging isn't beneath me and I will go that far if I have to.

So please find it in your heart to drag your sorry arse...oops, sorry about that :) out of bed and start heating this place up. I would rather you do it than my heater!!

Kind regards,
Natalie.


14 comments:

Belinda said...

LOL Nat...too funny. I, on the other hand, want it to stay cool like this for as long as possible. Hope the sun stays away from Adelaide so I don't have to be nervous about snakes and bushfires and our rainwater tanks running dry!! We don't want any catastrophic days round here!! Your layout and card are absolutely stunning BTW. I love your lovely sunny yellow and white lo with those gorgeous butterflies and that card is superb too. B-)

Mal said...

mmm yes I agree!!! but your LO really does make it feel like summer hopefully is on it's way! those butterflies are so cute and that flower is gorgeous...I am terrible at hand made flowers!
great to see you over at WW1!

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

Both the layout and the card are beautiful! Love what you've done with them! Thanks so much for joining the Embellish vintage color challenge.

aussiescrapper said...

Wow now that is a side to Nat I have not seen before YOU GO GIRL, I tend to agree, even though we have super hot days here this weather is just so predictable, 1 hot and 2 cold and wet or visa versa,,,,,have you noticed it is mainly wet for weekends too.

Your layout for White with one is gorgeous, I love those adorable butterflies you made, and wow I just super adore the lettuce card, can I add that even lettuce cannot grow without the SUN out.....lol Melxx

Cathy said...

Beautiful LO Nat... just love the butterflies and your gorgeous hand made flower and the eye-popping vibrant colours on your fantastic card are so yummy... thanks so much for joining in at WW1. I'm sending some happy sunshiny vibes your way :)

Sasya said...

oh wow lovely beautiful work!!!

Mel said...

Gorgeous layout, I am sure this will inspire the sun to come out :-)
Thanks so much for playing along at WW1.
Mel

Heather Jacob said...

absolutely stunning LO .. LOVE THE FLOWER.. very inspiring work .. hugs from me x

Maile Belles said...

Love this! Fabulous use of the colors. So glad you could join us in the Embellish challenge.

Angela said...

Hehehe! I agree..... Although I do like the cold weather too ! (that is the libran in me) more clothes ... Hides the fat! Love your handmade flower girl! Gorgeous xxx

Valerie said...

What gorgeous sunny projects. I am so jealous of your summer in November! It's been getting colder by the day here. Enjoy the warm days ahead - and thanks so much for your sweet comment on my blog :)

Melinda said...

Hehehe!!! yes summer is a bit late in showing itself hey! Gorgeous LO, love those butterflies!! Thanks for playing along at WW1! xo

Shell said...

Gorgeous LO and those butterflys are stunning.
I love your card too absolute perfection.
Thanks for playing along at WW1 :)

Kim said...

STUNNING STUNNING STUNNING I have so book marked that gorgeous layout so steal worthy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails