Sunday, September 19, 2010

Good mates...

and good times!!

Back home from another weekend in Newcastle with family. My nephew turned 4 yesterday and there was a jumping castle...for the kids, yep it was for the kids...but who could resist...hehehe. My sister and I got in there and the kids rolled out pretty quick...lol. We got a bit crazy and and I guess to a bunch of kids under the age of 5 that equates to SCARY!!! HAHAHA...

Then today was spent at mum's where Dam had to be handyman of the year and fix a few things for her...he is such a good man. If I ever have a go at him I need to remember that since my Dad has passed away he makes sure that all of mum's household needs are met. From changing tap washers to re-gyprocking the walls downstairs for the renovations that are currently underway he is there! You see, my Dad was a lifelong renovator...most weekends were filled with projects around the house and just before he got sick he ripped out the old spiral staircase and put in a new straight one. Unfortunately he never got to finish it off and my cousin and hubby have stepped up and done an amazing job. And to me the most amazing part of it all is that my wonderful hubby had never done anything like this before!!! Today was the gyprocking project...something he has never done but it looks like a pro has come in and done the job...yep, I am very proud!! :)

Anyhoo, I digress...lol.

Last weeks colour combo and the latest challenge at Scrap the Boys (to use metal...I have used a bookplate and photo turns) ....here is my take on both challenges.
Hope you all had a great weekend...I am off to lay on the lounge and watch a bit of telly...how rare :).

Hugs.

5 comments:

sandra said...

Dam is a legend!
Not many men would do all of that for their mother in laws...He sounds like a really nice bloke.
LOVE your layout.
so many perfect little elements.

aussiescrapper said...

Just love this Nat, a gorgeous layout, and you fit the colours in this page perfect. I am so glad Damian is helping your mum and he sounds like he is a closet handyman, do you lend him out?? That is so good that he is trying new things and doing really well with them. love to you, wow that is a lot of kids......Melxx

Belinda said...

Fabulous layout Nat and you used those colours to perfection. B-)

Kim said...

the perfect boy layout Nat!!!!!!!!!

Susan Longman said...

hi natlaie, fabulous layout thanks to playing at STB :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails